This is not my original recipe, a co-worker at my last place of employment brought it for our weekly staff break time and I was hooked at first bite. Try them, you'll see how irresistible they are!
|Fresh out of the oven, one large round scone|
|Ready to eat, warm and delectable!|
(cutting them after they are baked instead of before
really prevents them from drying out.
2 C flour
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
1 C Sugar
2 C Oatmeal (quick or regular, I've used both)
2/3 C Butter, softened
1 C yogurt, plain
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Pat into two 8-inch round circles, on an ungreased baking sheet (I usually line the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon silpat mats).
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes, give or take. They will slightly brown. Be sure the middle is firm and not doughy still.
- Cut into scones (like cutting a pie).
- Serve warm with your favorite topping: jam, whipped cream, chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc. My personal favorite combo is fresh whipped cream and chocolate chips. Mmmmmm!